Parent & Community Award
Purpose: NELMS seeks to honor parent/community groups that value, understand and support effective middle level education which promotes effective teaching and learning for young adolescents.
- Understands and actively supports the development of young adolescents
- Champions middle level education by:
- recognizing middle level as a distinct entity of education
- actively promoting middle level activities and programs
- building community support
Application Process/Deadline: The nominator must collect and send two statements and three letters of support to NELMS.
NELMS - 50 High Street, Suite 10 - North Andover, MA 01845
- The nominator, who must be from the same school district, must address in writing how the group nominated meets the four criteria stated above, in two hundred and fifty (250) words or less, per criteria.
- The nominator must collect one letter of support, of not more than five hundred (500) words, from each of the following:
- A middle level administrator from within the system
- A middle level teacher from within the system
- A member of the nominated group must write five hundred (500) words or less in the response to the question: "How does your group actively support the development of Young Adolescents through the promotion of effective Middle Level Education activities and programs. "
Nomination Form Parent & Community Group Award
Recognition: Those that receive an award will be recognized at our Annual Conference, receive a one-year membership, and will be recognized in Mid Lines, the NELMS newspaper and will be listed on the web site.
The recipient will also be invited to present the award to the 2017 award winner along with a voucher to attend the 2017 Annual Conference.
The winner of the award for this year:
Fran Meffen–Dover Middle School, Dover, NH
Deadline: The packet must be received by 3:30pm on January 6, 2017.