Purpose: NELMS seeks to honor administrators who value, understand and support effective middle level education that promotes powerful learning for young adolescents.
- Understands how young adolescents learn
- Champions middle level education by:
- actively promoting and advocating middle level education
- building community support
- recognizing middle level as a distinct entity of education
- Supports and models effective middle level philosophy
- Encourages professional development in middle level best practices
- Provides leadership and supervision of effective instructional practices and student outcomes
Application Process: The nominator must collect the following, and send all materials in one packet to:
NELMS, 50 Water St., Suite 10, North Andover, MA 01845.
- The nominator, who must be from the same school district, must address in writing how the nominee meets the five criteria stated above, in one thousand words (1,000) or less (250 words per criteria)
- The nominator must collect one letter of support, of not more than five hundred (500) words, from each of the following:
- An administrator from within the system
- A middle level teacher from within the system
- A student, parent and/or community member associated with a middle level school from within the system
Nomination Form for A+dministrator Award
Recognition: Those that receive an award will be recognized at the NELMS Annual Conference, receive a two-day registration to our Annual Conference, will be recognized in Mid Lines, the NELMS newspaper, and the web site.
The recipient will also be invited to present the award to the 2017 award winner at the 2017 Annual Conference Welcome and Recognitions Reception.
Deadline: The packet must be received by 3:30pm on January 6, 2017.
This year's winners:
Jaime Stone–Principal, Camden Rockport Middle School, Campden, ME